Wednesday 27 July 2011

Zero

Zero done. Zero left.

Start over. Tabula Rasa.

Can’t carry on, can’t carry on,

Can’t carry on.

It’s the night train

Speeding into darkness.



How long from here to the planning stages?

How dare I wish to die

When others have no chance to live?



Zap, zap, zero.

When the pounding pain in my head subsides

When I ignore the nasty twitches

When my words carry me to Elsewhere…




I had such exclusive arrangement -

Circumnavigating the Need

For Identity’s Balance.


Broken, washed-up, manqué.

Ein gescheiter, gescheiterter Mensch.


Every day I do as I like

But do I like what I do?

Following every impulse

Driven by avoidance

And fuelled by fears --

A Chaos Creating

Wastelife



“Actors eat no Onions”

“The Passion and the Ecstasy”

“The Long Road”

Shoes and Handbags

Kaffee und Kuchen

Damage and Neglect

And the Howls of Despair

From the Opposite Side

Of the street



I wish I were Black Cat

Sprawled out,

Basking in 5 o’clock

Sun-roof warmth.



Did I mention I came close

To burning down the house?

1 comment:

  1. you almost burnt down the house? why am i not surprised? speaking of cats - we now have a cat in the house which we got from the tierheim. he is cute but he keeps running away from us and getting into scraps with other cats.

    the words are beautiful, but then again, they always are.

    ReplyDelete